- About Us
- Programs + Admissions
- Practice Innovation
- Alumni + Donors
Applications are invited for a full-time position of Lecturer and Coordinator, Office of Experiential Education (OEE), Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, UBC, for an initial term of one year, with the possibility of renewal on an annualized basis. The successful applicant will primarily work with the Director, OEE, to:
• build placement capacity in long term care facilities affiliated with inpatient and outpatient pharmacies
• sustain and build placement capacity, recruit new LTC pharmacy sites and explore new opportunities (e.g. clinics, physician offices) for experiential education;
• support learners and preceptors on rotation, including site visits
• contribute to the design and delivery of Practice Educator Development programs
• serves as liaison to pharmacies outside of the Lower Mainland (will involve travel) in matters pertaining to practice educator development and support;
• participate in student learning activities and progress, and provide feedback to students and other stakeholders as necessary;
• implement instructional activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences;
• identify, select, and modify instructional resources to meet the needs of the students;
• assist in assessing changing curricular needs and offer plans for improvement;
• provide a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process;
• communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with students and other professionals on a regular basis;
• conduct scholarship and research activities in experiential education;
• increase the profile of OEE within the pharmacy community; and
• perform other related functions as required.
The Faculty is preparing to launch a new Entry-to-Practice (E2P) PharmD program in 2015. This program will eventually replace the B.Sc (Pharm) program. A Flexible PharmD program is also being developed for planned launch in 2016.
Successful candidates will be expected to participate in the academic life of the Faculty and teach/supervise entry level professional degree students. He/she will be an innovative teacher who is expected to integrate technologies and new approaches to learning into our curriculum, serving in the capacity of:
• Module Leader (modified body-system-based modules within Medication Management courses),
• Integration Activities (IA’s) Coordinator (IA’s are designed to reinforce and re-contextualize knowledge and skills),
• Element Coordinator (elements are components of the Medication Management courses), and/or
• Course Coordinator.
The successful individual requires complex communication and problem solving skills to maintain positive working relationships with a variety of stakeholders. The Coordinator operates from a solid understanding of hospital pharmacy practice. Completion of a PharmD is preferred. Hospital pharmacy experience would be an asset. Salary will be based on the level of experience and is subject to final budgetary approval. Review of applications will begin on September 12th, 2014; preferred start date is October 14th, 2014. UBC hires on the basis of merit and is committed to employment equity. We encourage all qualified persons to apply.
For further details on the position description, qualifications, and instructions on how to apply, please visit the UBC Faculty Careers Website at: www.facultycareers.ubc.ca/19105.