- About Us
- Programs + Admissions
- Practice Innovation
- Alumni + Donors
|Postdoctoral Position - Laboratory of Dr. Kishor Wasan, Division of Pharmaceutics & Biopharmaceutics||DETAILS »|
|Postdoctoral Position - Laboratory of Drs. Guri Giaever and Corey Nislow||DETAILS »|
A full-time postdoctoral position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Kishor Wasan, Professor & Chair, Division of Pharmaceutics & Biopharmaceutics. The individual will be responsible for investigating the effect of novel formulations of a number of antifungal compounds on antifungal activity in a variety of cell cultures and models. Applicants should have a PhD in pharmaceutics, biochemistry, microbiology or a related field with relevant experience and should have an interest in developing novel methods. Experience in molecular biology, biochemistry, protein biochemistry, and cell culture is preferred.
The position will remain open until filled.
Please send a curriculum vitae, a description of your research experience, a statement of your research interests, and the names of three referees to:
Dr. Kishor M. Wasan, Professor
Division of Pharmaceutics & Biopharmaceutics
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
The University of British Columbia
2146 East Mall
Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z3
Salary: Commensurate with level of experience
A postdoctoral position is available in computational biology and bioinformatics in the laboratory of Drs. Guri Giaever and Corey Nislow in the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver. Our lab in actively involved in a number of system biology approaches (e.g., next generation sequencing, microarray, functional screening, imaging) to answer applied and fundamental questions in biology and medicine.
Responsibilities will include:
• Working collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams to design experiments
• Analyzing the output of high-throughput runs for quality and biological meaning
• Contributing to the publication of results
• Developing and publishing new analytical methods, where needed
• Contributing to software libraries, which are written in R, C/C++, Python and SQL
Experiments include (but are not limited to):
• Digital gene expression
• Whole exome re-sequencing
• Whole genome re-sequencing
• 2+ years of training in computational biology and bioinformatics (M.Sc. required, Ph.D., preferred)
• Experience with a statistical programming language (e.g., Matlab, R)
• Excellent teamwork/collaboration and interpersonal skills
• Proficiency in written and spoken English
• Good communication skills
• Experience analyzing next generation sequencing data
• Experience with a general programming language (e.g., Java, C/C++), a scripting language (e.g., Perl, Python) and SQL
• Experience with cluster computing
• Formal education in biology, statistics and computer science
• Experience with multi-person software development
Please send a curriculum vitae, a description of your research experience, a statement of your research interests, and the names of three referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
UBC hires on the basis of merit and is committed to employment equity. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply. We especially welcome applications from members of visible minority groups, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to engage productively with diverse communities. Canadians and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority.