|Peer Reviewed Publications
- Wasan KM, Brocks DR, Lee SD, Sachs-Barrable K, Thornton S. Role of Lipoproteins in Modifying the Biological Activity and Disposition of Hydrophobic Drugs: Implications for Drug Discovery and Design. Nat Rev Drug Discov. 7(1), 84-99 (2008).
- Lee SD, Wasan KM, Calcagni A, Avery M, McCush F, Chen C. The in vitro Plasma Distribution of a Novel Cholesteryl Ester Transfer Protein Inhibitor, Torcetrapib, is Influenced by Differences in Plasma Lipid Concentrations. Pharm Res. 23(5), 1025-30 (2006).
- Thornton SJ, Wong E, Lee SD, Wasan KM. Effect of dietary fat on hepatic liver X receptor expression in P-glycoprotein deficient mice: implications for cholesterol metabolism. Lipids Health Dis. 7:21 (2008).
- Sachs-Barrable K, Lee SD, Wasan E, Thornton SJ, Wasan KM. Enhancing Drug Absorption using Lipids: A Case Study presenting the Development and Pharmacological Evaluation of a Novel Lipid-Based Oral Amphotericin B Formulation for the Treatment of Systemic Fungal Infections. Adv Drug Deliv Rev. 60(6), 692-701 (2008).
- Wasan KM, Risovic V, Sivak O, Lee SD, Mason DX, Chiklis GR, McShane J, Lynn M, Wong N, Rossignol DP. Influence of Plasma Cholesterol and Triglyceride Concentrations and Eritoran (E5564) Micelle Size on its Plasma Pharmacokinetics and Ex Vivo Activity Following Single Intravenous Bolus Dose Into Healthy Female Rabbits. Pharm Res. 25(1), 176-182 (2008).
- Sachs-Barrable K, Thamboo A, Lee SD, Wasan KM. Lipid excipients Peceol and Gelucire 44/14 decrease P-glycoprotein mediated efflux of rhodamine 123 partially due to modifying P-glycoprotein protein expression within Caco-2 cells. J Pharm Pharm Sci. 10(3), 319-31 (2007).
- Shayeganpour A, Lee SD, Wasan KM, Brocks DR. The Influence of hyperlipoproteinemia on in vitro distribution of amiodarone and desethylamiodarone in human and rat plasma lipoproteins. Pharm Res 24(4), 672-78 (2007).
- Dhanikula AB, Khalid NM, Lee SD, Yeung R, Wasan KM, Leroux J-C. Long Circulating Lipids Nanocapsules for Drug Detoxicification. Biomaterials 28(6), 1248-57 (2007).
- Risovic V, Man D, Sivak O, Lee SD, Wasan KM. Assessing Lipid Lowering and Plasma Cholesteryl Ester Transfer Protein Activity of Simvastatin Following Administration to Rabbits Fed a High Fat/Cholesterol Diet. Drug Dev Ind Pharm. 32(5), 609-15 (2006).
- Chung NS, Sachs-Barrable K, Lee SD, Wasan KM. Suitability of LLC-PK1 Pig Kidney Cells for the Study of Drug Action on Renal Cell Cholesterol Uptake: Identification and Characterization of Low-Density Lipoprotein Receptors. J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods. 51(2), 139-45 (2005).
- Sachs-Barrable K, Lee SD, Wasan KM. Potential Mechanisms by which Lipid Excipients Increase the Oral Gastrointestinal Absorption of Drugs: A Case Study Using Amphotericin B. Gattefosse Inc. Technical Bulletin. 99, 31-42 (2006).
|Peer Reviewed Abstracts
- Lee SD, Midha A, Thornton SJ, Wasan KM. P-Glycoprotein Knockout Mice Maintain Cholesterol Homeostasis Through Increased Jejunum ABCG8 Protein Levels in Response to Dietary Cholesterol. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 30 e183-e321 P526 (2010)
- Lee SD, Thornton SJ, Wasan KM. Deletion of Abcb1 disrupts transcriptional control of cholesterol metabolism genes in the jejunum of knockout mice. Poster presentation at the 2010 Canadian Lipoprotein Conference
- Leon CG, Midha A, Lee SD, Thornton SJ, Wasan KM. P-glycoprotein down regulation using RNAi decreases cholesterol efflux from human renal cancer cells. Proceedings of the American Association for Cancer Research 101st annual meeting. (online only – 2010).
- Lee SD, Midha A, Thornton SJ, Wasan KM. P-glycoprotein deficient mice show altered expression of enterocytic ABCG8 in response to dietary fat and cholesterol. Accepted for a poster presentation at the 2009 Canadian Lipoprotein Conference (online only – 2009)
- Lee, SD, Sachs-Barrable K, Dudley R, Wasan, KM. Plasma Lipoprotein Distribution and Cellular Uptake of Testosterone Palmitate (TP) formulated into Novel Lipid-Based Formulations. AAPS J. 9:S2 (2007). Poster T3113.
- Lee SD, Yeung R, Leroux J-C, Wasan KM. Effect of Tricaprylin Nanocapsules on the In-Vitro Haloperidol Distribution in Male Sprague-Dawley Rat Plasma. AAPS J. 8:S2 (2006) Poster T3085.
- Risovic V, Sivak O, Lee SD, Rossignol D, McShane J, Lynn, M, Wong N, Wasan K. Determining the Influence of Plasma Lipoprotein Levels on the Plasma Pharmacokinetics of Eritoran (E5564) Following Single Intravenous Administration to Normolipidemic and Hyperlipidemic Female Rabbits. AAPS J. 8:S2 (2006) Poster T3316.
- Risovic V, Sivak O, Lee SD, Wasan KM. Assessing Lipid Lowering and Plasma Cholesteryl Ester Transfer Protein activity of Simvastatin Following Administration to Rabbits Fed a High Fat and Cholesterol Diet. AAPS J. 8:S2 (2006). Poster M1338.
- Lee SD, Pang A, Looijie N, Wasan KM. Pre-formulation of the Phytosterol Analogue, FM-VP24, and its Effects on Dietary Cholesterol Absorption in Adult Male Sprague-Dawley Rats. AAPS Journal. 7(S2) (2005) Poster T2250.
- Lee SD, Thamboo A, Sachs-Barrable K, Wasan KM. Influence of Lipid Excipients, Capryol PGMC and Gelucire 44/14, on P-glycoprotein (P-gp) Activity. AAPS Journal. 7(S2) (2005). Poster T3124
- Shayeganpour A, Lee SD, Wasan KM, Brocks DR. Distribution of Amiodarone and Desethylamiodarone within Lipoprotein Fractions of Human and Rat Plasma. AAPS Journal. 6(4) (2004) Poster W5326.
- Lee SD, Seltenrich M, Chung N, Wasan KM. Cyclosporine A (CsA) Membrane Binding and Cytotoxicity in LLC-PK1 Cells is Partially Due to its Association with the Low-Density Lipoprotein Receptor (LDLr) Family. Poster presentation at the 2004 Pharmaceutics and Drug Delivery (PDD) conference. Submission ID: 55.
- Wasan KM, Chew E, Lee SD, Chung N. Heat Treated Fungizone (HFZ) Maintains Amphotericin B’s (AmB) Antifungal Activity while Decreasing its Renal Cytotoxicity: Role of Fungal Phospholipases. Association of Faculties of Pharmacy 2004 Conference.